[MUD-Dev] Re: Gentle Reminder

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Thu Apr 23 12:41:44 CEST 1998

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 12:30:07 PST8PDT
Holly Sommer<hsommer at micro.ti.com> wrote:

> Please don't sent email from a web browser, unless you send it as
> plain-text only... some folks still use (*gasp*) ascii emailers.

Writing as list owner:

  I don't mind list members nudging each other on such points, but it
really is noise.  So, before this gets too noisy, the rules have
already been defined.  To quote from the web site:

--<cut>--
List guidelines

 Your membership of the list is subject to your compliance with the following
 guidelines:

...deletia...

   4.MIME, HTML, RichText and similar are discouraged. This encludes
     "vcard" attachments from Netscape mail. Small MIME attachments,
     such as a graphic used to illustrate a point discussed in the
     text of a message are acceptable. The guiding rule is that the
     brunt of the value of a message must always be in the text, and
     that a message must be intelligable from its textual content
     alone.

...deletia...

--<cut>--

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com

MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.