[MUD-Dev] META: Web site backgrounds and readability

Vadim Tkachenko vt at freehold.crocodile.org
Tue Apr 14 23:13:39 CEST 1998

Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:

> On 05:25 PM 4/14/98 +0000, I personally witnessed Vadim Tkachenko jumping
> up to say:
> >
> >Bug you may want to keep in mind: Netscape/Linux, starting with 4.03,
> >doesn't react if you try to scroll the frames with a keyboard - only
> >mouse.
> >
> >Framed sites became a living hell after that...
>
> Well, it's not documented, but... the problem is likely to be a minor
> implementation screwup. The default focus for the page is the top level
> window, which having frames in it DOES NOT SCROLL. However, if you hit the
> TAB key,

[Tab key comments skipped]

Sadly, but it doesn't work with Netscape/Linux. Just tried. BTW, the bug
I've mentioned doesn't exist for a Windows implementation at all.

> http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/index.html?content=javascript.ht
> ml is a good place to test this.

Didn't help as well.

> Okay, so I spend too much goddamn time online and playing with web
> browsers. But I'm a web developer, so I have an excuse. ;)

But anyway, sorry - I didn't want it to get too verbose...
--
Still alive and smile stays on,
Vadim Tkachenko <vt at freehold.crocodile.org>