[MUD-Dev] META: Web site backgrounds and readability

plateau plateau at mail.tcbi.com
Tue Apr 14 18:57:19 CEST 1998

>  How readable are the pages on *your* system with *your* browser?
>Are they too dark?  Do they make reading difficult?

The site works fine for me, except for two trivial things; on 256-color
mode, the [main page] background gets a little grainy, but not so much
that it keeps the user from reading the text. It looks superb on
thousands/millions.

It would also be nice if you could change the index page so that the
anchor-references (a href=index.html#join) didn't involve index.html (and
thus just: a href=#join). That way, if people like me go to the URL
(http://www.kanga.nu/~petidomo/lists/mud-dev/), they don't have to load
the page all over again
(http://www.kanga.nu/~petidomo/lists/mud-dev/index.html) when they want
to jump around w/bookmarks.

For what it's worth, I'm on a PowerCenter Pro 210 (Mac clone); tested the
page on Communicator Pro 4.0, 800x600 res - no size problems. Modem @
33.6 =).

Hope that helps in some derranged form; (goes back to passive reading) :)

Tyler Goen
(Creator, the late Rock)