[MUD-Dev] Unreal

Matt Chatterley matt at mpc.dyn.ml.org
Fri Apr 10 16:06:12 CEST 1998

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
> On  9 Apr 98 at 10:41, J C Lawrence wrote:
> >
> > It requires very little stretch to see making a MUD atop this sort of
> > base.
> >
> > Will the first *usable* VR application be a Wolf3d/Doom/Quake/Unreal
> > clone?  It looks like 1st person gore fests will drag VR into
> > feasability in the same way that porn made 'net payments feasible.
> >

> No.  But you're very, very close.  First-person gore fests WITH
> heaving bosoms and buffed pects.  That would be an instant mega-hit.
> :)

Heh. I've occasionally been privvy to a little inside info from unreal.org
(after all, thats where my mud currently sits); the majority of the folks
involved are 'doom type' fans, but are also very excited over the possible
breadth which an engine like Unreal's could add to the genre. Seems like
one way forwards to me. :)

--
Regards,
	-Matt Chatterley