[MUD-Dev] META: That bloke Yaltec.

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Thu Apr 9 13:48:47 CEST 1998

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:22:59 PST8PDT
Khan one<Khanone at aol.com> wrote:

> I've not posted because I don't feel I really have much to
> contribute - what was said about an elitist list is true in many
> respects.

Of course there is always the difference between elitism as a form of
snobbery, and elitism through distinction.  There are only two
requirements for membership on the list: an interest in MUDs and a
willingness to post only signal.  Those requirements are of course a
gross and inhuman discrimination against the noisy other-interested
people out there -- a clear violation of human rights.

> Yaltec was one such, who came to me, with his aspirations, and
> ideas.

Writing as list owner:

  Not a problem.

> An apology, and explanation of sorts.  I just hope that what
> transpired isn't enough to get me thrown out of this mailing list.

  Nahh.  It would be pointless to stick your head on a pike.  The
exposure is minimal, the chap is a valid list member, and the list is
in the throes of approaching publicity.  Its all comparitively moot.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net