[MUD-Dev] Usability and interface

Travis Casey efindel at polaris.net
Thu Sep 25 20:12:25 CEST 1997

Maddy <maddy at fysh.org> wrote:

>I think the best solution would be to stop the instant spell thing.
Casting
>a summon portal spell shouldn't take a second.  I want that MU to wave his
>arms about and sing the Happy woodcutters song until he's blue in the face
>before he gets a portal.  By which stage you've stabbed him in the back and
>long since left.

Of course, if you're going to do this, it shouldn't apply just to mages --
should a thief be able to pick a lock instantly?  How about a fighter
putting
on a suit of plate armor?  (Heck, if you want to be realistic, you shouldn't
be able to put on full plate without an assistant...)

--
      |\      _,,,---,,_        Travis S. Casey  <efindel at io.com>
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)      http://www.io.com/~efindel/design.html