[MUD-Dev] New to this mailing list

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 4 23:59:45 CEST 1997

On  3 Sep 97 at 10:36, Jeff Kesselman wrote:
> Anyone who has watched a significant number fo porn flicks
> knwos that there are maybe 5 sexual acts in the entire repertoire of 95% of
> the pron otu teyhre. lets afce it, Americans have very little imaginaytion
> when it comes to such things.

Porn flicks are produced by men for men, _generally_ speaking.  One
could conclude that 95% of American women are lesbians.  One could
conclude that 95% of Americans are involved in three-way sexual
encounters.  One could conclude from watching Swedish films that 95%
of Swedes are likely to practice voyeurism, fetishisms and anal
intercourse.

Would such conclusions be appropriate?  Are such analogies valid?
I don't believe so.

One could easily conclude that American porn film makers are very
unimaginative.

Besides _why_ is it important to know what we are doing in the
bedroom?  Is there a legitimate reason to gather such information?
What is the agenda and whose is it?

Jon A. Lambert