OT: Attributions

S001GMU at nova.wright.edu S001GMU at nova.wright.edu
Thu Sep 4 11:19:37 CEST 1997

Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 02:43:06 +0000 (PST8PDT)
From: cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA (Chris Gray)

>Well, I'll come out and admit that I just do it manually. Its really not
>all that hard. The key thing is to have folks have enough of their name
>in their signature that I can just zip to the end of my editor buffer,
>find the name (if I don't remember it), and add the little line at the
>top. The only hard ones are the really long notes, where the signature
>doesn't contain enough info. Then I have to start up another shell,
>and 'more' my mail file until I find it. Boorring!

I do it manually too, but I just extract the whole mail into a file, chop out
the name and date from the header, and edit the file from there.  Our
mail is pretty cruddy, and if anything goes wrong, you loose everything,
so it's also safer to edit the file seperately.  Once they wire up my
dorm room and I get everything set up to run mail from my machine, I'll see
about installing something decent with good attribution features.  :)

-Greg