[MUD-Dev] Re:

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Tue Sep 2 21:27:16 CEST 1997

On Sun 31 Aug, coder at ibm.net wrote:

> On 28/08/97 at 01:16 PM, Marian Griffith <gryphon at iaehv.nl> said:

> >But should it be part of a game?

> Abstracting majorly:
>   Are you content with absolutely defining that any in-game structure
> or mechanic should never be part of a game?

> My concentration here is on the concept of "should" and its relation
> to obligation, righteousness (both zealotry and correctness), social
> concience, etc.  I am not fond of such generic "shoulds", and suspect
> that they are all unexamined mental comforts,

I think a comment of mine is quoted out of context here.  Only I have
erased the original post so I can't go back and look at it. Of course
I could look at the archives but I do not think it is that important?

I probably was trying to point out that  because something is possible
that doesn't mean it's also desirable in a game.

Marian (who is rather lost what you're trying to ask in the quoted
        message)
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,
Arrows of the Queen, by Mercedes Lackey