[MUD-Dev] New topic: AI and NPCs

Matt Chatterley root at mpc.dyn.ml.org
Tue Sep 2 17:53:31 CEST 1997

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, [iso-8859-1] Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad wrote:

> [Ola]
> >>I have, about 15 years ago. If I recollect correctly, you do not compet=
> >>in Jujitsu, and you basically focus mostly on defence (by taking advant=
age
>=20
> [Jeff]
> >Yes I knew this much. Judo is the sport form, Jujitsu is a amrtial art.
> >But is Jujitsu just throws and holds like Judo or does it also have punc=
hes
> >and or kicks?
>=20
> As I said, if I recollect correctly mostly defence. No punch and kicks
> (except for training defence), but fetching kicks, getting out of holds
> and holding.

Which is in itself quite an interesting comparison to other martial arts -
for instance those that feature highly around weapons (eg: Kendo), and
various forms of Karate, many of which are shifted towards the 'attack'
end of the spectrum, and K(G)ung Fu, which settles somewhere around the
middle between the two sides (but has a far deeper spiritual and mental
element, and mindset).

 Regards,
=09-Matt Chatterley
=09http://user.itl.net/~neddy/index.html
"Speak softly and carry a big stick." -Theodore Roosevelt