META: List burp

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Mon Oct 20 13:54:43 CEST 1997

Writing as list owner:

  For some reason the list ceased processing messages some time on the
17th.  It accepted messages, but would not broadcast them.  I don't know
why.  I noticed this last night, and restarted the list process this
morning.  (Thanks for the alert/confirmation Felix!)  I also resubmitted
all the messages received since the 17th, and they all successfully went
out as of today.

  However, the digests for the 17th and until now were never broadcast.
If you are subscribed to the digest version of the list, you are missing
mail.  Subscribers to the non-digest version of the list should not have
missed any traffic (excluding the ever present bounce problems with some
(Raph, Orion, etc)).  I'm currently working on resurrecting what would
have been in the digest of the 17th.  All the rest of the mail should be
in today's digest via normal list processes.

  If you are subscribed to the digest version and want the missing mail,
please mail me directly at coder at null.net, and I'll MIME attach the
reconstruction by return mail.

  As of now the list appears to be running normally once again.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net