[MUD-Dev] PK again (was: Character evolution)

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Mon Oct 6 20:55:44 CEST 1997

On Sun, 5 Oct 1997 03:37:15 PST8PDT, Marian Griffith <gryphon at iaehv.nl>
wrote:

>> The problem with sitebanning them, is that
>> a) it's probably what they want - I've seen people who have wanted to get
>> their site banned from muds & talkers, because they don't like other people
>> at their site using them.
>
>I guess this proves that you can not win from the jerk. On the other hand
>I have every faith that the smart guys on this list can manage to come up
>with a better solution than site banning :)

I just want to point out that in my experience, if you want to be
sitebanned from a given game, you can just ask. I did this once, at a
game I truly despised but which a lot of my friends played. I was sick
of being nagged to participate in a game which I had no interest in. So
I logged on and spoke to one of the admins, who was very accommodating
and even promised to pretend he thought I was a tremendous dork if
anyone asked why I was sitebanned.

Of course, that's really not much fun, is it? ;)

=+[caliban at darklock.com]=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=[http://www.darklock.com/]+=
"It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more
doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than the creation of a
new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by
the preservation of the old institution, and merely lukewarm defenders in
those who would gain by the new one."                      -- Machiavelli
=+=+=+[We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams]+=+=+=+=