[MUD-Dev] Introductions and

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Mon Nov 24 00:11:40 CET 1997

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997 16:45:27 PST8PDT, "Brandon J. Rickman"
<ashes at pc4.zennet.com> wrote:

>Go play some pinball.  How much control does the player have over the
>ball (the character)?

Almost absolute. The ball is rarely in danger of draining if you know
how to work the table and the table is well-designed. The laws of
physics control the ball when it is out of your direct control, but
those laws are simple and easily learned.

>The most stimulating thing about pinball is that
>no matter how good you get, how much you can control the ball, if you
>try to overcontrol it the more likely the game will do something
>unpredictable.

The *key* to becoming an excellent pinball player is to control the
ball. Any really good pinball player will tell you the same thing. And
just like any other game, it can be mastered.

=+[caliban at darklock.com]=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=[http://www.darklock.com/]+=
"It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more
doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than the creation of a
new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by
the preservation of the old institution, and merely lukewarm defenders in
those who would gain by the new one."                      -- Machiavelli
=+=+=+[We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams]+=+=+=+=