[MUD-Dev] Introductions and

Richard Woolcock KaVir at dial.pipex.com
Sun Nov 23 21:57:35 CET 1997

Marian Griffith wrote:

> On Wed 19 Nov, Richard Woolcock wrote:
> > Matt Chatterley wrote:
> > > On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Mike Sellers wrote:
>
> > On the mention of sexuality, I am probably going to code in a couple of
> > Flaw - homosexual and bisexual.  Not that I have anything against people
> > of those particular persuasions, but not being able to have children
> > (homosexual) and being able to be seduced by people of either gender
> > (bisexual) are what I consider disadvantages.
>
> This is off topic and I know I should not respond to this, but .. why?

Well I am removing combat exp completely, so that people will rely on
questing.  Rather than a combat orientated mud, I am trying to make it
social-orientated, using 'boons' (favours) and such.  So for example,
if I teach you how to swing a sword (because I have Melee and you don't)
then you might owe me a small boon for it.  I could then recall that boon
at any time (forcing you to teach me something) or just build up the
amount of favour you owe me.  Part of this system will also revolve around
how much you like someone, and thus being able to squeeze favours out of
people who have feelings towards you.  Obviously, being attracted to
someone is going to play a large part of this, and thus sexuality can
be quite important ("look hon, do I REALLY have to kill him just to
prove my love for you?").

KaVir.