[MUD-Dev] Re: Gender specific

Sun Nov 23 16:14:37 CET 1997

Sauron <dlove at kusd.kusd.edu> wrote:
>However, you are assuming that what appears to be aimed towards boys to
>you is viewed in the same light by everyone. There are many games whose
>advertisments really have nothing to do with gender (many of your sims,
>and things such as the Lucasarts Xwing/Tie Fighter series).

Uhm...  I find almost all types of advertisment to have a rather
strong gender bias, no matter what the product is.  Coke, McDonalds,
you name it. Sometimes they throw in male-biased components (tits,
attractive women, power, technology) as well as female-biased
components in the same advertisment, but...  Game packages are heavily
male-oriented.

>That however is you. I know many young women who find machines,
>explosions, and especially the overly muscled male types extremely
>appealing.

That however, is you! ;-)

Ola.