mud time (Re: [MUD-Dev] A flamewar startingpoint.)

Thu Nov 20 19:47:30 CET 1997

cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA (Chris Gray) wrote:
>otherwise visible (to the players) problems can appear. If the concepts of
>day and night (and seasons) are to be introduced, then they will have to
>be done universally throughout the MUD. Personally, I suspect very few

Why?  Day, night, time, seasons are different "everywhere" in the real
world?  My original home-mud :) even involved all the planets in the
solar system.  I don't see much problems in having one zone with
daylight always, one zone with 1 earth hour is 1 real time minute, one
zone with 1 earth hour is 1 real time hour or any other timing scheme.
Actually it would be great fun, you could have "evil"-players
constantly on the move, looking for night and moons or whatever.

Ola