[MUD-Dev] OT: threading list messages

Wed Nov 5 19:24:55 CET 1997

:To add insult to injury, some subjects get truncated, embedded spaces multiply
:etc. (switch to a fixed width font):

Some of this could easily be me. The editor I use truncates lines longer
than about 78 characters. I could change, but I won't, sorry. If/when I
get a new computer, I will change, but unless extreme pressure is brought
to bear, I certainly don't want to.

A lot of mail software will insert a 'Re:' in the subject line, so that
is to be expected, and it will typically be put in front of the entire
subject line. Mailers likely vary on whether or not they check for an
existing 'Re:' and avoid duplicating it.

As for spaces after the [MUD-Dev], that is puzzling, since it is likely
done by the list software, so I can't see why it would vary, unless it
is just a typo in one of several similar patterns.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA