OT: threading list messages

Alex Oren alexo at bigfoot.com
Wed Nov 5 16:31:22 CET 1997

ATTN list owner.

My email reader has problems keeping the list messages properly threaded.

There are two reasons for this:
1. Appending "[MUD-Dev]" to the subject, and
2. The number of spaces between the "[MUD-Dev]" and the subject is not constant.

So far, the format of the messages is: "[MUD-Dev]", followed by one or two
spaces, followed by an optional "Re: ", followed by the real subject.

However, my email/news reader (agent) starts another thread when the subject
changes (because I find it more convenient for other mailing lists and for
newsgroups -- alas, the option is global) so all [MUD-Dev] threads get
fragmented.

E.g.: The following subject got fragmented to 4 (four!) threads:
(switch to a fixed width font)