[MUD-Dev] string parsing

Sat Nov 1 11:16:39 CET 1997

[Nathan Y:]

:"works" is a relative term. I'm going to have to speed this thing up. On my
:66 MHz PPC 601, with the metrowerks Java 1.1.3 compiler/JIT, it cannot keep
:up with my typing speed

That was one of my concerns! My entire MUD is running on a 25 Mhz 68030.

:									I've
:been thinking of making the text flash red when an impossible to parse line
:comes up. Yes, prediction can be turned off, but errors are far more likely
:when it has been.

That was another of my concerns. I've worked so long with monocolour simple
text that my wetware neural nets have trouble with extra stuff. For example,
I can't use the "iterative search" thing in Gnu-emacs - the flashing of
the screen, and the general way it works drive me crazy. So, I would want
to be able to turn off all of that extra flashing around that you are
working so hard to produce.

:					  Hey, this sucker is getting me a
:job...

Good!

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA