[MUD-Dev] Resets, repops and quests

Raz muddyraz at mushroom.demon.co.uk
Thu May 29 23:39:20 CEST 1997

On Wed, 28 May 1997 09:00:07 PST8PDT, you wrote:

> When I was doing my little quests, the issue that come up is that of =
how
> a given quest can be solved by different people at the same time. I was=
 not
> able to come up with an answer, and ended up being unsatisfied. One of =
my
> entire areas shuts out other characters while one character is in it. I
> don't like that, but couldn't see an alternative, given the nature of =
the
> puzzle in it.
>=20
> How *do* others out there solve this?

I used to play an LP called 'Infinity' which was heavily quest based; one
quest selected from a small range of quests per level.  Most of the quest
areas I progressed into remained open to everyone of the relevant level =
at
any time, with the inevitable result that you would head off to your area
and find things missing, or the area half complete, and have to wait for
someone to go away or for the place to reset.  Despite this, the game was
playable for what it was, it didn't really seem to detract.

Raz