[MUD-Dev] Spoken Languages & Food [was RP thesis...]

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Thu May 29 15:50:11 CEST 1997

In <199705280616.XAA11034 at user1.inficad.com>, on 05/27/97
   at 11:24 PM, Adam Wiggins <nightfall at user1.inficad.com> said:
>[Matt C:]

>> I have no idea how badly hurt I am when my left leg has taken 20% of it's
>> max damage, or 30 points out of an unknown quantity. But if it's broken,
>> bruised or badly burnt, I can imagine how badly hurt I would be. :P

>Yup.  I always made the stupid assumption that if my arm was at 50%,
>where 100% was perfect and 0% was severed, that it's pretty well beat
>up. Of course, 50% *usually* means that it's starting to get hurt;
>rarely does it cease to function until 0%.

cf the movie Last Action Hero.

Think hollywood.

IRL even a 10% damage quotient would have you doubled over on the
ground incapable of much more than mindless moans.  Movie and MUD
characters are built of firmer stuff where even multiple .44 Magnum
shells to the torso classify as "flesh wounds".

cf Naked Gun series.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com