[MUD-Dev] RP thesis...

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Thu May 29 11:27:00 CEST 1997

At 10:02 PM 5/28/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:

>And No, TSR had many of their modules out about the same time.

Ah, hokay, as IO started playign befoer there were such things (unless you
count "Temple of the Frog" in  Blackmoor) I get fuzzy on thge rpecise order
here.

>Judges' Guild was killed by TSR in a very odd manner, if I remember
>correctly.  It had to do with JG defaulting on a loan from one of the
>principals in TSR or TSR itself.

Oh yeah, I remember this.  The TSR loan shark.  Slightly different tactics,
same result.

>> Which is the big reason Im grinnign over TSR's imminent demise :)
>>
>Really? I haven't paid much attention lately to what's going on
>with TSR.

Well in a nutshell they're just about in bankruptcy. Have prinetd NOTHING
sicne January (not even the magazines) as they can't pay the printers and
they have no credit.

WotC was tryign to buy them out last I heard, they and TSR jointly
announced a letter of intent, but I've heard rumors from my local game
retailer that ther are some hang-ups with some of the creditors...

JK