[MUD-Dev] Alright... IF your gonan do DESIESE...

Shawn Halpenny malachai at iname.com
Thu May 29 11:10:09 CEST 1997

clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:

> In <338B3770.31DFF4F5 at iname.com>, on 05/27/97
>    at 08:36 PM, Shawn Halpenny <malachai at iname.com> said:
>
> > [ my death model ]
>
> I can just see a set of enterprising players using this as a body-swap
> regime.  They go kill Bubba who has a nice body, then get themselves
> killed to have one of their compatriots ressurect them in the "better"
> body.
>
> Equally I can see such "body trades" being used as a method of gaining
> access to areas otherwise impossible.  eg.
>
>   Bubba can get to area X for various reasons.
>
>   Boffo and Bernie go to X.
>
>   Boffo kills Bernie.
>
>   Bubba kills himself.
>
>   Boffo ressurects Bubba in Bernie's body.
>
>   Boffo does whatever.
>
>   Bubba gets where he couldn't get.
>
> BTW These aren't complaints.  I see these above as huge features of
> the design.

Precisely.  The aim was to make death useful (maybe even fun!) though
still something you have to be careful with.

You will want to be sure you can get back into a body fairly quickly
after death, as the ability penalties are expensive.

--
Shawn Halpenny

"If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure."
                                            - Dan Quayle