[MUD-Dev] Levels and Goals [was Alright..IF your gonan do

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Wed May 28 12:57:00 CEST 1997

At 09:01 AM 5/28/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:

>See, I see this as less of a problem with the reduced power levels.

Urm.  Thats just oen of a host of problems.  I coudl do a long psot on this
but i don't have the tiem currently.
Suffice it to say if there is ANY way to be significantly more powerful
then soem other groui pof players, a group of players wil lfind it, exploit
it and try to domiante the game.

If there is NO such thoing as pwoer levels, they will try verbal abuse,
intimidation and hacking.

There is a certaing segemtn of the popualtion that BELIVES roleplay means
itimidation and domiantion. Unelss you dfie your game specificly as
somethign else they will come and try to play it there way, andc just bitch
like crazy when you try to stop em because your not playign 'according ot
the rules".

>I refuse to make a game for anyone but myself.

Thats fine. I started my post by saying "if you are going to be letting the
gernal public in".

If yo uare happy to play gatekeeper on your game, and don't need to jsutify
it in a comemrcial sense, do whatever you'ld like.

JK