[MUD-Dev] Internal Mud Languages

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Mon May 26 01:03:49 CEST 1997

At 10:49 PM 5/25/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>PCCTS code is the most readable, but I have yet to find a good
>example of a simple virtual machine using PCCTS.

Erm...

I don't follow this. PCCTS is for building langauge compielrs and
translartors, not VMs.

Kelvin-C is written in PCCTS... it complies down to Kelvin-assembly code (a
RISC archietcture with about 25 operations total).  Kelvin assembly is read
by the kelvin virtual machine and connverted directly into an internal byte
representation.
(The only fancy thign it does, and thsi is not terrribly fancy, is handle
label references and source-line directives.)

PCCTs is not at all involved in the VM though.  The VM is simply an object
oriented stack machine with a fairly baroque internal set of C++ classes
for handling the obejct definitoion graph and instance of those objects.

JK