[MUD-Dev] Alright... IF your gonan do DESIESE...

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Sat May 24 20:23:15 CEST 1997

At 07:57 PM 5/24/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
> One thing I have considered doing is allowing them
>to take some credit for previous accomplishments in the form of benefits
>and artificial advancement for the next character. For example, in an
>AD&D game, I'd give them some form of starting experience and equipment
>that allows them to hold their own in the party; in a White Wolf game,
>I'd give them some portion of the experience their previous character
>had earned to buy skills and whatnot; in a Cyberpunk game, I'd probably
>let them start with a greater budget for cybernetic enhancements.
>
>What are people's thoughts on this? Anyone out there doing something
>similar?

Sicen yo uasked....

I react very badly to this idea.  I think it encourages game-oriented playing.

A roleplayer will get no solace out of this as what hurts is the lsot story
potential of the character, not the "stuff".  And yo uare encouragign
otehrs to veiw the game AS the acquisition of "stuff".

Officailly, ICk!

'course this is my baises as a serious roleplayer.

JK