[MUD-Dev] Languages

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Sat May 24 16:49:34 CEST 1997

On 24/05/97 at 01:35 PM, caliban at darklock.com (Caliban Tiresias
Darklock) said: >On Sat, 24 May 1997 11:38:11 PST8PDT,
clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:

>>Actually that's what I've been doing with stratight C and procedural
>>programming for years.  I've always been a big fan of heavy sanity
>>checking.  Then OOP came along and made it de rigeuer.

>I do heavy sanity checking on input. Once. Then I know it's sane.
>It's really not likely to go apeshit over the course of the program.

I've come to the habity of always sanity checking as a lot of my code
ends up being re-used in situations where I don't know that the caller
has sanity checked the data he is attempting to send me.  (I have a
history of working on common libraries -- eg I'm in the LibC team at
HP right now).

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net