[MUD-Dev] Languages

Thu May 22 18:54:50 CEST 1997

[Miro:]
:> [Clarification: the internal representation is available to the system
:> (of course!) but not to MUD programmers. They *can* get a decompiled
:			   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:Builtin bytecode disassembler saved my rear end on at least one occasion.
:And it's not hard to implement (it's great for bytecode compiler debugging).

Agreed. However, since I compile to a parse tree, rather than to any
lower-level byte-code, my pretty-printer essentially plays the same role.

:Both, as well as tags for text generation (which may be context
:dependant, as they can include senses). Once you allow each player
:to 'see' the hypertext depending on its internal status, it has some
:pretty neat consequences.

Could you show us an example, in some kind of ASCII-fied form?

:Good thinking!!! ;)

Aw, here I was waiting for some flames!

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA