[MUD-Dev] RP thesis...

Adam Wiggins nightfall at inficad.com
Tue May 20 22:38:30 CEST 1997

> [Adam W:]
> >Obviously this is highly simplified, but this is a great candidate
> >for the lifepath stuff.  Ie, "Your father was a travelling merchant,
> >trading mainly along the route between the dwarven kingdom and the
> >human cities." would give you a nice knowledge of dwarven.
[Chris L:]
> If I judged that way (by my lineage and familial activities) I should
> be able to speak English, American, French, Italian, Swiss-German,
> German, Dutch, Iranian, Spanish, Basque, and Turkish.  Truth to tell a
> large part of my extended family *does* speak all that that lot
> fluently and with several other languages besides.  Equally truth to
> tell, I come in there for a paltry couple.

nod, nod...what I meant was that you travelled with him. :)
Ie...you only have so much 'childhood' time to devote to your character.
You can say that you spent your years 12 through 18 travelling the land
with your father, learning things like language and trading.  Or you
can say that you spent those years at home in the gym pumping iron, thus
you're nice and buff but totally ignorant of the world.