[MUD-Dev] Re: Administrative notes

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 20 01:06:54 CEST 1997

> From: Todd Lair <tlair at mailzone.com>
> [On 05/16/97 Adam Wiggins <nightfall at user1.inficad.com> said]

> >This has been done before, of course.  End result is that people would
> >walk around attacking tough mobiles and immediately fleeing.  Some time
> >later a big party would go to take out the mobile and the first person
> >would get a large cut of exp for doing very little.
>
> Valid point.  I was going to only award the players that were in the room
> at the mobile's death and who contributed.  However, I do think I'm going
> to go with what other's suggested on this list by simply awarding exp to
> group members equally instead of keeping a list of attackers bound to the
> mobile.

I award experience for combat related activities on a blow to blow basis.
There is a declining return modifier when such combat becomes routine.

Each group member receives awards for every point of damage they
inflict, every critical hit and bonuses for inflicting the blow that
renders death or unconsciousness to the opponent, not to exceed the
set experience point value of the opponent.

Not very fair eh?  :_)

Well in the interest of fairness, I award experience to the computer
animated opponents also.  I have always felt a great disservice has
been done to those wily dragons who toast hundreds of newbies and
never benefit from that experience.

JL