[MUD-Dev] Languages

Adam Wiggins nightfall at user1.inficad.com
Sun May 18 17:14:30 CEST 1997

[JK:]
> In addition taht massive down-channel capabiltiy that keeps gettign quoted
> is SHARED capability for everyoen in your neighborhood.. its much like many
> machines on a 10mb etehernet cable. Sure the cabel is 10mb/sec, but due to
> packet collision how much fo that YOU get is dependnant on whoever else is
> on the cable and how active they are.
> Cable mdoems are another one of those misunderstood technologies that
> everyone is playing wishful-thinking on...

Regardless of the technology, I know people that have them, and they
ROCK the hell out of any modem I have seen.  If nothing else the lack of
sudden hangups and other problems with phonelines; but the bandwith
is quite good.  I even know someone that's running a mud on one, although
it's pretty small (~30 players online at peak times).

Sigh - we aren't getting them till August.  Man...one thing I do miss
about univeristy life was that kick-ass net connection.