[MUD-Dev] RP thesis...

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Sat May 17 13:37:23 CEST 1997

On 17/05/97 at 11:15 AM, Matt Chatterley <root at mpc.dyn.ml.org> said: >On
Fri, 16 May 1997, Adam Wiggins wrote:

>Do you enforce an economy so that players must buy things? How do you
>stop them just pretending to have them? Should you stop them? And the
>other thousand economy questions illustrate how one seemingly 'popular'
>system of creating interdependancy (ie, by finance) causes trouble.
>Another thread in it's own right.

Anyone who is thinking of attempting anything like an economy should readl
the various Palace archives and see their problems and accidental
successes with money and violence in the game.  It really was a series of
happy accidents and ill-covered botches.  If sufficient interest (yes,
reply here) I'll dig them up and post copies here.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net