[MUD-Dev] RP thesis...

Ling K.L.Lo-94 at student.lut.ac.uk
Fri May 16 10:19:32 CEST 1997

On Thu, 15 May 1997 clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:

> In <3.0.32.19970513210852.00b74bc4 at mail.tenetwork.com>, on 05/13/97
>    at 09:15 PM, Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:
>
> >Thsi was a fitting end for one of the greatest men that world had
> >seen as well as being "tight" in the film-plot sense.
> >Had he died by being hit by a car in a random accident it would have
> >been a very inappropriate and ugly anti-climax.
>
> I'll guess then that your not a fan of existentialist French novels.
> Funny really -- I always thought that having the mass super-hero who
> had gone out at saved the world, cured world hunger, rescued drowning
> kittens everywhere etc etc etc then going home and dieing when he
> tripped his tow and broke his neck on the stairs as a sight more
> intrigueing.

Hate to reply with only a one liner message so I'll make it all two lines.
Read Watchmen, it's a graphic novel (or comic as I still call them).  That
kind of thing is all the rage in comicland these days, Dark Knight et al.

I prefer 'anti-climax' endings too, I suppose it's rather 'unamerican'. :P
Although, this sort of thing has become a bit cliche as well.

  |    Ling				"Mental slavery,
_O_O_  Freshwater fish since 1976	 set my spirit free"