[MUD-Dev] Introduction

Wed May 14 20:45:56 CEST 1997

[Chris L:]
:C has adavantages in having a very small clean syntax.  There's a lot
:to be said for that.  Like ColdC I try to be very C-like in my
:language, except that its type-less, pointer-less, has no concept of a
:process environment, and doesn't really have a stack outside of the
:execution of an individual method (everything is a message).

Erf! I can't let that go by! C has a small clean syntax??? C has a
horrible syntax, and when you add the preprocessor and then C++ goop,
it isn't even close to small! A language with a small clean syntax
(but which has some other fundamental problems) is Pascal.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA