[MUD-Dev] Re: Multi-threaded mudding (was a flamefest)

Ling K.L.Lo-94 at student.lut.ac.uk
Mon May 5 12:10:44 CEST 1997

Here's another pro with regards to multi-threading:

Sometimes, a builder/creator/god(!), whilst coding, will make a program
which loops forever.  In a single threaded environment, the entire mud
grinds to a halt for 5 minutes until the program reaches its eval limit
and terminates.  Not so in a multi-threaded mud.

Anyway, I'm going to try and find some game design issues...

  |    Ling				"Mental slavery,
_O_O_  Freshwater fish since 1976	 set my spirit free"