Resets and repops

Adam Wiggins nightfall at inficad.com
Sat Mar 22 00:23:17 CET 1997

[JCL:]
> It calls into question all sorts of free will/action isues for a MUD,
> much as my body stealing does, or just straight possession (you are
> connected to the body, you can't leave it, but someone else is
> controlling it).  The worst thing is that the God then ends up having
> to micro-manage the charmed subject to keep him in line as vs the
> player's line.

Hmmm, could one influence the player more subtley?  Ie, instead of forcing
the subject to attack their buddy, how about parsing the buddy's communications
with the charmed person for their name, and replace it with something nasty?
Ie, non-charmed guy types:

> say hey fred, let's go back to town

and the other guy sees:
Bob says, 'Hey asshole, let's go back to town.'

This is along the lines of our 'paranoia' stuff which causes the paranoid
person to 'imagine things', ie

Bob seems to be eyeing your sword greedily.

Or,

You hear a furtive step behind you.

Naturally these messages _could_ have been generated by Bob typing "eval
sword on fred" or by someone actually sneaking up on you...