Just a bit of musing

Sat Mar 1 10:21:59 CET 1997

:What you guys think about VRML MUD these days ? VRML2.0 is quite usable
:already and may be fun to hack with. Besides, 3D VRML window along with all
:traditional text stuff would look cool, I think. VRML is still kinda slow,
:have to admit. But its getting faster and for now 3D window could be not
:THAT big.

How much bandwidth would it take to send over the descriptions that VRML
needs to create the images? How much work would it be for a builder to
setup those descriptions everywhere they are needed? I see those as the
big questions here.

Since I'm still plodding along on my 25 Mhz 68040 Amiga, that sort of thing
isn't in the cards for me yet. I plan on upgrading to something new one of
these decades, however - when my MUD system is stable and I'm ready to
translate and port it. [Yeah, sure - 10 years after its obsolete!]

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA