[MUD-Dev] Integrating PK

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Mon Jun 30 17:37:16 CEST 1997

In <3.0.2.32.19970625011644.00b5f054 at mail.tenetwork.com>, on 06/25/97
   at 08:44 AM, Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:

>Better roleplay my eye, which on of us, truely in the situation,
>would actually kill someone else becasue they said soemthing nasty to
>us (or did soem other non-life threatening annoying act)?  None of us
>who are reasonably sane....

This would seem to depend on the world definition.  Given a world or a
culture where life is pathetically cheap, then yes, I would expect it.
It seems presumptuous to automatically extend current social
structures to the definition of RP.

Consider the very simple example of Heinleinian Puppet Masters (a
model BTW for my body stealing).  For those that don't know these are
small slug-like blobs that attach to humans and effectively possess
them -- the human then acts as a carrier and is merely a mobile host
for the blob, doind whatever it tells it.

  Would such a blob telling its host body to kill the host body of
another blob, or even another body not possessed by a blob *really* be
so improbable?  After there is an effectively endless supply of host
bodies, and host bodies are very easily and cheaply gotten...

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com