[MUD-Dev] common server design

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 26 01:00:19 CEST 1997

> From: Chris Gray <cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA>
>
> "Intuitive and understandable" are so subjective that they can easily
> lose all value as evaluators. As you say below, the concensus (hah!) of
> a group of people is generally of more value, so long as that group has
> enough background to be aware of most of the issues. The opinion of a
> large group of uninformed/inexperienced people is often not worth much.

Some interesting and "intuitive" implementations of file copying.

1)  open 15,8,15;print#15,"c0:fileb=filea";close 15

2)  cp filea fileb

3)  copy filea fileb

4)  pip fileb=filea

5)  assign sysut1,dsn=filea,disp=old
    assign sysut2,dsn=fileb,disp=new
    exec iebgener
    end

6)  Oh bugger me, I can't figure this out in Windows.

I offer 100 GPs to any who can guess where 1-5 come from.
#3 has at least 2 answers.

JL

Sorry for the interruption. No need to adjust your set. ;)