[MUD-Dev] Meta

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Wed Jun 25 17:51:43 CEST 1997

In <199706210253.TAA22051 at user2.inficad.com>, on 06/20/97
   at 08:18 PM, Adam Wiggins <nightfall at inficad.com> said:

>It depends.  I recall Wout's list being a lot less technical, but
>maybe I just wasn't paying very close attention.

You missed the very long spoofs, watchers, affects, and Affects thread
that wended on for months and months then eh?

>About 6 months ago
>the list went *very* technical and I didn't post for quite a while;
>it's actually gotten quite a bit better with the recent influx of so
>many new people.

I suspect (hope?) that it will oscillate.  We've got a bit of a
negative feedback loop going right now where the traffic levels leads
members not to read (overwhelm) which reduces the number of concurrent
threads and thread depth.  Its a shame -- I don't want to split the
list, but I really want to encourage a more active and deeper base.
Not sure how to do it.  More members would merely seem to lead to the
more vocal drowning out the lower traffic toleranced (already
happening).

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com