[MUD-Dev] Integrating PK

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Wed Jun 25 14:42:07 CEST 1997

Alex Oren wrote:

> Marian wrote:
>
> } Don't mess with the wishes of the Gods for they have more ways of
> } punishment than you have to escape.
>
> A.K.A
>
> Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
> -- J. R. R. Tolkien

Common button seen at game conventions:

     Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and
good with
     ketchup.

An associated button I rather like:

     Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will
piss on
     your computer.

ObOnTopic:

     Asserting authority is a troublesome area. What I've seen more
often than not
     is that players will not take the rules seriously until someone is
punished,
     and that rule enforcement is done by humans rather than automated
means. How
     have people here tried to handle that? Is there any server out
there with an
     extensive set of automated player-monitoring code that works well,
and how was
     it conceived/implemented?