[MUD-Dev] RP=MUSH/PG=MUD

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 23 21:28:36 CEST 1997

> From: Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com>
> Subject: [MUD-Dev] RP=MUSH/PG=MUD
>
> Pulling out "techno-evangelist" hat, Ill attempt a decipher for you...

> >To make my problems more clear I underlined all words I'm not certain of
> >their meaning...

I was about to embark on a translation but Jeff's was quite accurate.
At least I think so, but that's for Marian to decide.  ;)

> There was, to be frank, ALOT of jargon in this post.  We often use jargon
> as computer scientists as short hand because we all share an understanding
> of its meanings, but it can be needlessly confusing to outsiders.

My builder's probably wouldn't understand what I wrote either.
The visible and documented end product is what's really important.

Several months ago the list was filled with lots of technical ramblings.
Much of it over my head also. :)
The original post was from about that period.

JL