Integrating PK

Matt Chatterley root at mpc.dyn.ml.org
Sat Jun 21 21:48:57 CEST 1997

Hopefully this'll get through, although I may not receive any replies
until the machine my proper mail account is on is fixed.

There was a thread recently, which I skimmed through, about PK, but, to
me, the key issues around this really come down to:

Is it possible to get players to treat death from another player
differently to death from a monster, or NPC of some sort, that attacked
them in a similar manner?

I fully intend to permit PK (and treat it as near to killing NPCs as
possible). For instance, attacking anything in a town (except invaders)
will be considered a crime - obviously less serious if it's a creature of
some kind, but a shopkeeper would be treated the same as another player.

Has anyone experimented with such?

Regards,
	-Matt Chatterley
	http://user.itl.net/~neddy/index.html
"He can't stop us, we're on a mission from Glod!" - Soul Music (Pratchett)