[MUD-Dev] Alright... IF your gonan do DESIESE...

Adam Wiggins nightfall at user1.inficad.com
Fri Jun 20 14:26:36 CEST 1997

> > HUamns build ncie little breeding grousp called "villages" that are ready
> > made for dragon consumptiobn, really don't have very good defneses,
> > particualrly peseants untraiend in sword and bow, and egenrally seem to ME
> > to be the equivelent of a run to MacDonalds for a Hamburger if I were a
> > dragon. :)
>
> *ick*
> This becomes a bit gross.
> Now I wonder what this thread was originally all about before it
> devolved into a discussion about dragons and their habits?

Actually, it is still completely on topic.  The original topic was
'uncontrolable forces in the game world which may pose incredible danger
to players' and then the question that spawned was, 'how to keep that
in check?'  Here's where (as usual) realism comes in handy.  If you have
dragons be these intensely powerful creatures that are magically sustained
and incredibly evil, to the point that they spend 100% of their time cruising
around toasting anything that moves, your game probably won't play very
well.  The simplest way to reduce the destructive power of a dragon, of
course, is to assume that it only hunts when it is hungry.  The discusion
of animal size came up when deciding whether or not a dragon would actually
go after humanoids (which usually include most players) first, or if
there is something else they'd prefer to snack on.