[MUD-Dev] Alright... IF your gonan do DESIESE...

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Tue Jun 17 20:51:57 CEST 1997

At 07:31 PM 6/17/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>Translation:
>
>  To what extent can your player's control of influence the habits of
>dragons?

An interesting point JCL.

I'm all for having certain forces i na game that are ALWAYS beyond the
abilities of the characters to challenge and win, it keeps their roll in
the universe in perspective.  The start acting like they own the place,
they get squished.  Harking back to one of my favorite topics, social
engineering, thsi is how must societies manage to stick together-- by
having a force that can muster more power then ANY even group of
individuals in the society keeping the overall order in place.  (American
example is our police, which scale up to our military-- witness the calling
in of the marines in the last LA riot.)

JK