[MUD-Dev] "From Kansas to Oz"

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Thu Jun 12 11:44:20 CEST 1997

Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:

>I'm not sure I agree with the distinction btw code lebvel and lib
>level though.  I see little real distinction. MUDEDIT requried a few
>fucntiosn on root, and a single object it talked to.  Thats it.

That's the other cute thing about the OZ model.  The Kansas object
heirarchy could be *entirely* disfunctional (eg someone deleted the
root object and all connection related objects), and Oz would still be
able to work as an active debugger.  The only requirement was that the
server must be alive and capable of serving the DB.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com