[MUD-Dev] Death

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Mon Jun 9 17:47:32 CEST 1997

At 05:16 PM 6/9/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:

>It didn't.  Ever.  Instead it would eat *almost* all the guppies and
>leave 5 or 6 alive.  Over the succeeding weeks and months those few
>would breed and repopulate the school back to their former numbers.
>The Pirahna would then go on a guppy binge and eat *almost* all of
>them.  This repeated, again and again and again, year after year.  The
>Pirahna go big and fat.  The guppies gradually bred for speed and
>agility, but never eluded decimation.
>
>I see Wizards in MUDs quite similarly even if the weapons are
>different.

Hmm...  I'd argue that this in fact supports my original contetnion.. that
true power brings responsability.

That fish was VERY responsible in his "shephearding" of the guppies in
order to insure a food supply.

Motivations are, to a  degree, irellevent.  Those who have great power and
little responsibility can quickly foul their own space and  kill themselves...

JK