[MUD-Dev] Life

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Thu Jun 5 15:42:34 CEST 1997

In <3.0.32.19970604224246.00a0e508 at mail.tenetwork.com>, on 06/05/97
   at 08:13 AM, Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:

>At 08:30 PM 6/4/97 PST8PDT, jc lawrence wrote:

>>Nope.  You could also profitably observe that they were all in
>>England, a country whose culture and educational base is significantly
>>different to the US'.

>lol!  I didn't know this.

>IMo the Briittish are a FAR more civilized culture then us in almost
>every way.  if the majority of the players were brittish I think that
>definately had somethign to do with how they played.

Yup.  I figured it you hadn't mentioned by the end of the thread I
could safely spring it on you as a surprise.  The fact that main
public was English with minor components from the rest of Europe made
a *lot* of difference.

>>Shades can currently be found at, err, games.world.co.uk 18088.

>Thanks, ill go take a look first opportunity :)

Also take a look at Trash (see the Shades web page for the address).
Both Shades and Trash are worth studying as very early members of the
field who had huge influences on many of the servers developed since
then.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com