[MUD-Dev] The reality of constant combat??

Huibai ashen at pixi.com
Wed Jun 4 19:54:41 CEST 1997

: From: Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com>
: Truth is unatainable and therefor not worth worryign about.

A single, objective Truth, no.  The one I worry about is the intersection
of my Truth and the Truth as perceived by the person I'm dealing with.
Find the common thread, then that's your groundwork for twisting his
own perceptions back on him so he'll do what you want ;)

: The most universally determined moral code world wide
: in this language as "love your neighbor as yourself."

I would instead use the fair-shake idea:
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

back on the thread topic, I realize that to have situations that
enable someone to become heroic is not an everyday occurrence
in the modern world - therefore a fantasy/scifi world or a return to
medieval times (or any era of less violence-restrained society) is
in good order.  if I ever try to recreate the present-day world and
sell it as a mud, please shoot me with a BFG-9000! :)

-John