[MUD-Dev] Life

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Sun Jun 1 19:19:22 CEST 1997

At 07:01 PM 6/1/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:

>On 01/06/97 at 05:09 PM, Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:
>
>>Frankly, Im beginning to believe soem of these posts are trolls and
>>im gonna start asking 'is this WORTH a response' before I answer to
>>save you all the grief.
>
>Its simpler than that.  Intentionally or not you have equated RP with
>intelligent civilised behaviour, and GOP and powerplay (and to some
>extent anything else which is not RP per your definition) with
>antisocial juvenile knee-jerk testosteroid genital measurement.

>  It is silly.  The equation is flawed in base principle, and
>everything else from there is chest thumping.

True and it should definately die.  I've treid to say multiple tiems that I
think ther is DEFIANTELY a place for gamer oriented play, its is just my
fervent belief based on expereicne that strongly game-oriented players and
strongly roleplay-oriented players don't ten to mix.

The PvP issue brings it to a head, but the incompatability si more
fundemental and basic.

I apoloigze for any noise about the "immature PKillers" offending anyone.
By my defintiions (and probably not anyone elses) Pkilling IS immature and
counetr productive.. as oppsoed to PvP where both parties WANT to be
playing a PvP game.

I doubt anyone on this list is a "PKiller" by my definition.

JK